Here's a list of 10 things I find enjoyable to do with friends.
(I know it sounds silly, but take this as an opportunity to try stuff you haven't tried if you haven't.)
(It's not like I have so much of a life either, but anyway. Oh fine, I'll stop babbling.)
1. You know, since you normally see your friends in school, try doing something outdoors for a change. GO INLINE SKATING! Yea, I highly recommend this. There are two ways of looking at this, it's exceptionally fun when: all of you can skate. OR. when none of you can skate. (seriously, as sadistic as this may sound, it's really fun to watch them fall, and good friends will look back on these kinda things and laugh)
2. Who doesn't love cookies? BAKE A BATCH OF COOKIES! OR MUFFINS/CUPCAKES. The best part is that you get to eat them! If they turn out not burnt and edible. Even if you don't dare to eat them, just pack them in nice little plastic bags and give them away. (What they don't know won't hurt them) (most of the time anyway) I did that before with my friends, and the people who ate it actually said it was nice. *side note- they were double choc chips made with olive oil because that was the only oil I could find. Anyway, you and your friends will have lots of fun doing that, but try not to mess up too much, you don't want to have too much to clean up. And no, it's not wrong for guys to bake.
3. Personal favourite- DO NAILS TOGETHER! Not at a shop. Although it's a little frustrating if you can't paint well, it brings about much conversation between friends. I've done this with my friends till like 4am before at a stayover, and at that kind of time, when everyone's pretty much in a state of delirium, you get to see the other side of them. Or rather, what they're like at 4 in the morning. Potentially amusing.
4. This sounds stupid, but HAVE A WASABI EATING CONTEST. Honestly, I haven't tried it, not sure if I'll ever have the opportunity to, but I wouldn't mind trying. (Confession #1: I couldn't think of anything, and the only thing in front of me is my very green room. wallpaper, curtains, lights, chair, headboard... You name it, I got it.) And it's always fun to see wasabi stricken faces. (Apologies for blabbing again)
5. HAVE A STAYOVER. Like mentioned above, it's interesting to see the side of your friends which they probably never show when in school or outside, eg. bad habits. Like they say, "You don't really know someone till you've lived with them" Stayovers are great for doing so. You learn how messy/lazy your friends actually are. (Confession #2: I'm probably the laziest/messiest of all my friends) OH. and stayovers are great for the next thing in this list!
6. Head out to dvd rental shops for A MOVIE MARATHON. Bring on the microwave popcorn, drinks and junk food. I suggest renting movies in themes, like, chic flicks, action, horror , X-men/Pirates of the Carribbean trilogies? No, Lord of the Rings, you'll just end up sleeping. Trust me. *sidenote- I've done chic flicks, and X-men marathons before. There's nothing like bonding over watching movies right? Plus it's better than theaters because you can make as much noise as you want, pause for toilet breaks, replay funny bits over again... You get it.
7. FIND SOMETHING TO BE OBSESSED WITH. Not as in a serious obsession, but something common to constantly talk about. It may last a week, or more, depends. But you'll never run out of things to talk about! Especially when there are a gazillion youtube videos for you to search for and recommend to each other. [My current obsession: SS501- that's a Korean band in case you're wondering.] I'm so sorry, but I just HAVE to share this.
[due to technical problems, just click on the link if you want to know what I'm talking about.]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATun0MtAxsI&feature=channel_page
8. Although, it's probably quite odd, GO FOR A PICNIC AND FLY KITES. Imagine all the fun you and your friends will have packing and deciding what food to bring and stuff. You could even cook something! Enhance the experience! Bring along a good 'ol picnic basket and a large checkered cloth (preferably water-proofed in case the grass or wherever is wet) And don't forget the kite! Not sure where you're going to find one, but it'll be fun on a windy day. I'm not sure about you, but I find it near impossible to have a kite stay in the air for more than 60 seconds. Have fun laughing at your failure to launch a piece of paper attached to a string into the atmosphere.
9. This may not apply to everyone, but I'll go on anyway. FIND SHEETS ON THE INTERNET AND PLAY ALL YOUR FAVOURITE SONGS ON INSTRUMENT OF CHOICE. From the most current tunes, to ballards you thought you'd never hear again in your existence. In my case, it involves the piano, and it helps if your computer is near your instrument. Save paper, don't need to print everything la. Not nice then how? But it provides endless hours of entertainment, despite whether you learn anything new or not.
10. Lastly, VOLUNTEER AT THE ZOO OR SPCA or something like that. I always wanted to do that, but never had the opportunity. It's something meaningful that will also benefit our animal friends. Animals are an important part of life, and as an animal lover I believe it is something worthwhile to do with your friends.
Hence, I conclude my list of 10 things to do with your friends. It may not be the best, and you might have way better ideas than I have, but here's my list anyway. Hope it helps.
:D
Labels: Quote of the day - Friends are like a four leaf clover. Hard to find but lucky to have.
8:29 PM